In a Veterinary Emergency
Pet Medical Center understands how stressful and worrisome an accident or a sudden illness can be. When you need urgent veterinary care for your beloved pet, whether it is a painful ear infection or a serious, life-threatening illness or injury, Pet Medical Center – Chatoak has a veterinary doctor and support staff on duty for emergencies from 7 a.m. until midnight every day, 365 days a year. Call us at 818-363-7444. We are located at 17659 Chatsworth Street, Granada Hills, CA 91344.
Pet Medical Center – Chatoak is fully staffed with veterinarians and technicians who are trained in emergency medicine. Our technicians assess (triage) all pet patients so that we can take care of them in the order of greatest urgency.
We provide the following emergency services:
Potential Pet Emergencies in Our Area
If you have recently moved to the San Fernando Valley, your pet might encounter two serious emergency conditions that are unique to our geographical region and that require immediate treatment.
Rattlesnake season is generally March through September.
If a rattlesnake has bitten your dog or cat, a poison or toxin called “venom” has usually been injected into your pet by the snake’s fangs. Venom can cause severe tissue damage, alterations in the blood-clotting system, nerve damage, and sometimes death. We treat 30 to 40 rattlesnake bites every year, and our staff is experienced and well trained in how to best handle them.
You should bring your pet in immediately if it is bitten, and Pet Medical Center’s veterinarian will discuss and recommend to you the best course of treatment.
Snail Bait Poisoning
During the spring and early summer months, it is common for people to spread snail bait in their gardens to combat the inevitable invasion of snails. If you have pets, please do not put snail bait anywhere that your pet could come in contact with it. Dogs particularly are attracted to the snail bait pellets and meal.
Snail bait is extremely poisonous to pets, and can cause muscle tremors, shaking, seizures, and death. Should your pet ingest snail bait or show any suspicious symptoms, please call us and bring him or her in immediately.